The list of symposia for SMBE 2014 have been confirmed.
Please click here to view the full list of symposia with descriptions.
(Use the search function to find the symposium number or title in order to view the symposium description)
During the abstract submission process you will be asked to submit your abstract under one of the selected symposium titles in the first instance. There is also a chance to suggest a symposium title for consideration by the LOC.
- Symposia will run in parallel sessions.
- Most symposia will be 1.5 hours in duration
- Those that have been combined during the selection process
- Those that receive the greatest demand through abstract submissions. The LOC reserves the right to extend the symposium time to accommodate interest in a particular session.
- Each symposium must include both Invited Speakers and Contributed Talks
- Contributed talks will be selected from the abstracts to be submitted
- The times allotted for all talks (including questions) are multiples of 15 minutes
- It is suggested that invited speakers receive 30 mins – 25 min presentation and 5 mins Q&A
- Contributed talks should receive 15 mins – 10 min presentation and 5 mins Q&A
- Symposium organizers will be required to chair their symposium.
- A maximum of 2 session chairs should be available during each 1.5 hour session of a symposium.
- Symposium organizers will be asked to review the submitted abstracts under their symposium title when the submission close in late January.
- They will be asked to ensure that all their symposium speakers are registered on time for the meeting (Early reg March 21st)
- Funded symposia will nominate one of its organizers as its ‘financial organizer’. This person will have responsibility for confirming how the funds will be divided.
- All Symposium Organizers, invited speakers, and presenters of Contributed Talks or Posters are required to register for the conference
- Registration charges are not waived for invited speakers or symposium organizers.
- Invited speakers will be asked to submit an abstract through the online abstract submission system before the deadline, Jan 27th.
- A number of symposia have been given an allowance of $1500
- This allowance is for a 1.5-hour symposium
- This amount is the total allowance per symposium (not per speaker)
- SMBE2014 organizers will not refund expenses in excess of this limit regardless of the number of invited speakers.
- This honorarium can be used to encourage invited speakers to attend OR used to help with expenses of presenters of contributed talks OR symposium organizers.
- Payment of expenses will be arranged post conference
If you have any queries about the symposium organizers responsibilities or any of the information detailed above please email firstname.lastname@example.org